Sam Givhan Luncheon Recap
Posted on Fri Feb 24, 2023
Every month, Warren & Simpson holds a luncheon and hosts a speaker to have a conversation important to the Bar Association in North Alabama. They have hosted lawyers who moonlight as bestselling authors, Former NFL athletes that now help children, and former Governors of Alabama. In this month's spotlight, they had District 7 Senator Sam Givhan.
Sam is an 8th-generation Alabamian whose family has been in agriculture since the 1830s. Originally from Dallas County, Sam now lives in Huntsville and practices real estate and business law. Since moving to Huntsville, he has helped bring many jobs to Huntsville and Madison County. Sam represents community lenders, developers, builders, homeowners associations, and the City of Huntsville as Alabama State Senator for District 7.
A graduate of Auburn University, Sam also received his law degree from the University of Alabama in 1994. Since then, he has divided his time between practicing law, managing his companies, volunteering in his community, working in local and state politics, and raising six children with his wife Heather, whom he credits with raising their successful children.
More about Sam Givhan via samgivhan.com:
- Businessman, Attorney and 7th Generation Alabama Farmer
- B.S., Auburn University (Finance)
- J.D., University of Alabama School of Law
- former Senior Vice-Chairman, Alabama Republican Party
- former Chairman of the Madison County Republican Party
- Real Estate Attorney, Wilmer & Lee, P.A.
- Board Member, Huntsville Madison County Builders Association
- Owner, Houston Land Company and SHG Development
- Member of Huntsville's Economic Development Team
- Past President, Habitat for Humanity of Madison County
- Member, Huntsville Rotary Club
Sam's Committee Assignments:
- Chairman – Madison County Local Legislation
- Vice Chairman – Judiciary Committee
- Member – Rules Committee
- Member - Finance and Tax General Fund
- Member - Confirmations Committee
- Member - Healthcare Committee
- Member - Fiscal Responsibility and Economic Development Committee
- Member- Veterans, Military Affairs and Public Safety.
As you can see, Sam Givhan has had quite a notable career. We were honored that he took the time to share his story as well as others around him. Warren and Simpson are proud to facilitate these kinds of conversations. The more brilliant minds meet, the more we find new and innovative ways to reform Alabama. Thanks again, Sam, for being a part of our luncheon series.
Please get in touch with us if you would like to be a guest speaker at one of our future lunches!