David Little of City Council 2 Luncheon Recap
Posted on Fri May 05, 2023
On a monthly basis, Warren & Simpson arranges a luncheon and invites a speaker to discuss topics of importance to the North Alabama Bar Association. Over the years, the speakers have included lawyers who are also bestselling authors, former NFL athletes who now work with children, and even former Governors of Alabama. This month, the spotlight was on David Little, Council Member of District 2, who joined us as a guest speaker.
Born and raised in Huntsville's District 2, David Little attended Blossomwood Elementary, Huntsville Middle, and Huntsville High School, graduating in 1991. Following his time in the United States Marine Corps, he earned degrees from Calhoun Community College and Athens State University. David's career history is diverse, having engaged in aerial photography, owning a small business, and managing sales for a local technology firm before transitioning to the investment industry in 2005. Presently, he works with a local wealth management and financial planning firm.
David has demonstrated his commitment to the community in various ways, including completing three programs at Leadership Greater Huntsville, serving on the boards of local nonprofit organizations like Heals, the Huntsville Rotary Club, and Leadership Greater Huntsville, and being appointed to the Huntsville Police Citizens Advisory Council in 2010 by then District 2 Council Member Mark Russell.
With great pride, David represents both the citizens of District 2 and Huntsville, a city he cherishes. With focus on Financials, Quality of life, Smart Growth, Public Safety, Roadways, and improving neighborhoods, David has a plan for the future of Huntsville as councilman.
David and his wife Mimi, who is also a native of Huntsville, have three children, Caroline, Layne, and Grey. In his free time, David enjoys barbecuing, kayaking with his family down local rivers, and railroad photography.
Here's a broader look at the organizations David has been involved in:
- Rotary International, Huntsville Rotary Club – Member 2009-Present
- Board Member, 2014-2016 – Foundation Board Member 2017-2021
- Huntsville Police Citizens Advisory Council-Founding Member
- Chairman, 2015-2019 – Vice Chair, 2012-2015 – Member, 2010-Present
- Heals, Inc. - Health Establishments at Local Schools – Board President, 2019-2020
- Board Member, 2013-2021 – Stars Dancing for Heals-2013 Crowd Favorite
- Huntsville Hospital Foundation-Development Council – Member, 2015-2017
- Leadership Huntsville/Madison County – Board Member 2011-2016
- Member, First United Methodist Church
- Helped to re-establish Community Watch Program for Blossomwood Neighborhood Professional Development:
- Graduate, Leadership/Huntsville Madison County, Flagship Class 30 – Volunteer leader, Classes 31 through 35
- Graduate, Leadership Huntsville/Madison County, Impact Class 3
- Graduate, Leadership Huntsville/Madison County, Connect Class 10 – Volunteer leader, Classes 11 through 13
- Graduate, Athens State University, 1997
- Graduate, Calhoun Community College, 1995
- United States Marine Corps, 1991-1995
David Little has made significant contributions to the Huntsville community, and we were delighted to have him share his story with us. At Warren and Simpson, we take pride in facilitating these types of conversations, as they bring together brilliant minds and help us discover new and innovative ways to reform Alabama. Thank you, David, for joining us for our luncheon series.
If you are interested in being a guest speaker at one of our future events, please don't hesitate to contact us.